Child Protection Information
Diocese of Belleville - Safe Environment Compliance
The Diocese is committed to preventing child abuse before it occurs and to identifying child abuse once it has occurred. By raising the awareness and understanding of abuse issues among priests, deacons, Men Religious and Women Religious, employees, contract workers, volunteers and other adults who work with or have contact with a child or children under the care of a parish, school or agency and by increasing their knowledge and ability to deal effectively with child abuse issues once they arise, risks to child safety can be greatly reduced. By educating children on how to be safe and stay safe, the Diocese will enhance the ability of children to protect themselves and encourage an environment that allows children to communicate any potential endangerment.
All clergy, employees and adult volunteers must complete the following to be compliant with the Diocese's Child Protection Policy. Many of these forms are site specific, so please contact the Location Coordinator at your location.
- Employment or Volunteer Application
- CANTS form (completed every 2 years via the IL Department of Children & Family Services)
- Initial Child Protection Training: Protecting Children in the 21st Century (Login for Initial Training)
- Annual Refresher Course (Login for Annual Refresher)
- National Criminal Background Check (clergy, parish employees, volunteers; updated every 4 years)