July 25th Mass
- On Wednesday, June 9, the Diocese of Belleville updated their COVID-19 protocols as the State of Illinois entered Phase 5.
- Reservations are no longer required for Sunday Masses, and we can resume 100% capacity.
- The dispensation from attending Sunday Mass is still in effect. We will pass along the information when the obligation is reinstated.
- We know there may people who would rather continue with social distancing so we are reserving the front pews on the left side of the church so they may do so. This will be self-monitored social distancing.
- Unvaccinated individuals should wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Vaccination status is based on the honor system.
- Our holy water fonts are filled and available for you to bless yourself.
- We will resume passing the offering basket to take up the collection
- Hand sanitizer is still available for use before communion.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Mass!
Prayers to Saint Joseph
Saint Joseph, the Worker:
O God, Creator of all things,
who laid down for the human race the law of work,
that by the example of Saint Joseph
and under his patronage
we may complete the works you set us to do
and attain the rewards you promise
Through Christ our Lord.
PRAYER FOR GRANDPARENTS AND THE ELDERLY
Link to Pope Francis' message for First World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly
you were born of the Virgin Mary,
the daughter of Saints Joachim and Anne.
Look with love on grandparents the world over.
Protect them! They are a source of enrichment
for families, for the Church and for all of society.
Support them! As they grow older,
may they continue to be for their families
strong pillars of Gospel faith,
guardians of noble domestic ideals,
living treasuries of sound religious traditions.
Make them teachers of wisdom and courage,
that they may pass on to future generations the fruits
of their mature human and spiritual experience.
help families and society
to value the presence and role of grandparents.
May they never be ignored or excluded,
but always encounter respect and love.
Help them to live serenely and to feel welcomed
in all the years of life which you give them.
Mary, Mother of all the living,
keep grandparents constantly in your care,
accompany them on their earthly pilgrimage,
and by your prayers, grant that all families
may one day be reunited in our heavenly homeland,
where you await all humanity
for the great embrace of life without end. Amen!
- Pope Benedict XVI, written at the request of the Catholic Grandparents Association, 2008
It’s time to start thinking about the 2021-2022 Parish School of Religion program. Please take a moment to let us know if your children are attending PSR this coming fall. We sure hope to see everyone in September!
Please click on the link below to get the registration form. Once completed online, print and sign the final page then send it along with payment to St. Joseph Church, 901 N. Alton St, Lebanon, IL 62254.
Follow us on Facebook
Sunday Mass Partnership Schedule:
Corpus Christi: 9:00 am - in person & live streamed
St Joseph : 10:30 am - in person
Saturday Mass: 4:30 pm at Corpus Christi
Live-stream Mass is offered at 9:00 am
Holy Day: TBD
Sacrament of Reconciliation: Available by appointment
St. Joseph Cemetery is open daily from dawn to dusk.
SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- Communion Service: Wednesday, 10 am (alternating weeks between Cedar Ridge and Lebanon Care)
- Joseph House - Welcomes McKendree Students every Monday evening, during Fall & Spring semesters, for dinner, drinks, games, comradery as well as quiet study areas provided.
Office Phone: 618-537-2575
Daily news from the Vatican
07/22/21 6:10 pm
Pontificio Sant'Anselmo, Rome / ElijahOwens via Wikimedia (CC BY-SA 4.0)Read More
07/22/21 2:00 pm
Cardinal Mario Grech, Secretary General of Synod of Bishops. / Diocese of Gozo via Wikimedia (CC BY-SA 4.0).Read More
07/20/21 10:00 pm
Pope Francis, pictured on Oct. 4, 2014. / Mazur/catholicnews.org.uk.Read More